• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly has to have 2 teeth removed

casshon

I had the girls at the vet yesterday to have their anal glands done and got the vet to check their teeth. When we adopted them over a year ago we had the vet check the girls out and we were told that Molly would need teeth removed but now the day has come :neutral:. She is booked in for Wednesday morning. I'm nervous about her going in but she really needs this done and she will have pearly whites afterwards :D.

Bella's teeth were fine but could do with a scale and polish which we will deal with later. She will miss Molly while she is gone though :(

It'll be hard on Wednesday but you'll be so happy when she's back :)

Does she need to stay there for long or can she come home that day?

anyway good luck!

Will be thinking of you and Molly tomorrow
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

:xfngr: all goes well for Molly, I know that nervous feeling when they need to go in to get a procedure done, hope all goes well :flwr:

She'll be a lot more comfortable with them gone. :flwr: I'll be thinking of you while she is in! Let us know as soon as you have her back home.

Lucy has about 6 teeth left at this point! But don't let them fool you, despite the missing teeth, they can still snatch things from your hand, and fast!

We have done 6 dentals this year. I was really worried and I spoke at length with the vet. He used propofol and sevo (I believe) and they came home in great shape. They were up and stable within minutes -- they were hungry and 98% normal when I picked them up. The almost 8 year old lost 3 teeth, the 5 year old lost 4-- the other 4 dogs didn't lose a tooth.

Thanks everyone - I appreciate your comments. I know she'll be fine but it doesn't stop me worrying :eek:. She is lying here beside me (freshly washed for her visit to the vet :cool:) without a care in the world.

I'll let you know how she is tomorrow evening.

Don't worry. Monty had some teeth out, last year and he had a middling heart murmur. The vet said that it was the safest procedure as they can use the anaesthetic's instantly reversible property , in the case of a dental.

My Misha had 9 teeth pulled at the age of 9. I thought the dental should be done sooner rather than later (he only had mild tartar and no apparent other problems). He has an adorable little gap in his front lower incisors! The teeth must have been pulled from many various places because other than the gap tooth, it's not that noticeable. He's 11 and just had 4 more pulled (again, I requested the dental since he was under for another procedure). He seemed quite out of it when I picked him up in the evening and for about 12 hours afterwards, but by 24hrs he was right as rain! He can still chew on chewies and biscuits :)

Our old boy Sam the Boxer has had a couple of teeth pulled. I fretted when he was having it done, but afterwards I am sure he was much more comfortable, with no more drooling & no more bad breath.

Good luck. :flwr:

She is gone in....

She stayed at my Mums house last night as she was bringing her in this morning and the poor thing followed my Mum around all morning looking for her breakfast. We had to remind the vet about her being deaf because she sometimes gets spooked by hands but other than that she was fine. She is a very laid back dog and I know she will get spoiled rotten all day. We have to ring in the afternoon to see how she did and then hopefully I'll be picking her up this evening.

with no more drooling & no more bad breath.

Come to think of it Molly does drool quite a lot - I never thought about that being because of her teeth. Her breath is quite stinky so I'm looking forward to minty fresh breath :)

Everything went well. She had to have 6 teeth out :eek: but the vet said she came around very quickly and I when I went to pick her up I could hear her whining in her kennel because the vet tech was feeding other animals so I knew she must be OK :cool:

She was a bit groggy when I took her home but she was starving so I gave her just a few nuts soaked in warm water and that satisfied her. I gave her a small breakfast this morning and her painkiller. She's much brighter this morning and seems well on the mend thank goodness.

We have to go back next week for a checkup.

Back