Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poop!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in hearing the bread & butter theory too.

well, I took Sparky o the vets friday evening & he looked over him & said theres not too much to worry about, he took his tempreture & that was normal so he thinks it's a food allergy so gave us some hills puppy & some antibiotics for a week. So far his stools are still quite soft but not as smelly & no blood.

I also asked the vet about something else - every time Sparky poops he comes back in & scoots. As he's been treated for worms it cant be that & i asked him to check his anal glanda but he said they are fine too & then he just shruged & went on about how great hills puppy food is! (personaly I'm not a fan but it does seem to be ok for him - so far but I thinkI'm going to put him on the JWB lamb& rice once this bag of food is almost finished & see how he gets on with that)
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

My vet put Pippin on hills but, while he ate it ok, he was constantly hungry.I had him on a lamb and rice food for a while but he can now tolerate RC cavalier which does have poultry meat in it although it took him a while to adjust to it he is fine now. I just have to make sure he doesn't get his paws on pure chicken...It's comical in our house if someone is eating chicken and lets even a tiny bit fall...the whole family make a mad dash for to pick it up while one person tries to block Pippin!! It's a bit mad but we know the consequences will be a week or two of illness and bloody stools for the poor little guy.

Ps. I too am curious about the bread and butter theory?
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maverick was the same way when I brought him home at 6 months old. I switched him Pedigree puppy chow to an adult lamb and rice and total turn around in 2 days. Now I don't buy anything with poultry in it.
    Mom to Maverick (3-18-07)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, even though I wrote yesterday that things were better - again this morning there was a more normal poop & then after he went & did a very very runny one with what aperared to be a tiny weeny bit of blood in it.

Also like I just read from Pippa, Sparky seems constantly hungry (I know it's only been 3 days) but he wasn't this hungry on the redmills.

I am going to go to the pet shop on my lunch & going to get the JWB lamb & rice & see if that makes a differance.

I hate messing with his food so much but the poor little fella dosn't seem to be putting any weight on & although I wouldn't go so far as to say he's underweight or anything he could defo do with a bit more on him I think.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bread & butter theory

I don't think we got an answer on the bread and butter theory, did we? We are moving to an area that does a lot of landscaping with rocks, pebbles, etc. We have some in our backyard and are very worried because Reggie & Laci LOVE to eat rocks. Although we'll be out there with them most of the time, there may be times when we can't watch them go do their business.
    If bread and butter helps, I'd like to know the "theory" and the "recipe"? Thanks!
    Donna & Steve
    Mommy & Daddy of Laci (Blenheim) & Reggie (Tri)
    "Hold hands (paws) firmly, hearts gently."

Post Thanks / Like

Did your vet check him for coccidia? This is a very common disease that frequently shows up about a week or two after you bring a new puppy home. They get it from their parents or other dogs in their original environs, but it doesn't cause a noticeable problem until they are under some stress, like when they go to their new home. Daisy had that and they prescribed Albumen (or something like that.) It cleared up after about a week on the medicine. They test for it with a stool sample.