Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scruffy Ears

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scruffy Ears

Please can anyone give me some advice about Rosie's ears.

Here's a picture of Rosie seconds after I gave her a brush

When I finished brushing her, her ears were looking really pretty and tidy. As soon as she got off my lap, she did her usual head to tail shake and her ears ended up looking 10 times worse than before I brushed them

Her ears actually look better if I don't brush them, but they end up very tatty which is not good.

Her ear hair is very thick, but flyaway, so is there something that I can use to either thin the hair or stop it being so flyaway?

Here's another picture of her yesterday in the garden looking for her 'friend' - Sooty, the neighbours cat.

(her left front slipper isn't shorter than the rest - she's just standing on it )

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sarah
    Sarah

Mum of Rosie (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any particular advice, I just wanted to say that she is absolutely gorgeous, scruffy ears or not! She's got about the most human looking sweet little face I have ever` seen on a dog. And her coat looks beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

she's got the cutest face ever i think she looks lovely
    where would I be without my dog

Post Thanks / Like

She is gorgeous,Pippin does the shake too after I brush and his ears always look messy ..like they'd never seen a brush..but cute too.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh.....scruffy ears or not...that is the cutest little face!! I have no suggestions. As soon as I finish my guys, they're both a mess again But I laughed at you explaining that one foot feathering wasn't shorter than the other, she's just standing on it I had a foster with the longest ears I've ever seen. It was so funny to watch her walk when she was sniffing the ground, she kept stepping on her ears. Now those were some difficult ears to keep brushed or clean.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, she is so pretty. With that face, who cares about scruffy ears. What a doll. judy and dixie

Post Thanks / Like

Alfs allways looks SCRUFFIE,after i brush him he rolls around on carpets,lino and grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Ours look like that as soon as they get up and shake their head once. I've wondered too...

Post Thanks / Like

Barney is just the same! he looked like an abandoned dog just before we had him trimmed the other week, despite our best efforts! Its the same with some humans though isnt it. You could dress them in the most expensive designer gear and they'd still look scruffy!

Post Thanks / Like

Dont worry my lot are just the same. I spend ages grooming them, put them down off the table and first thing they do is roll all over in their beds..result, worse than before grooming !
    Rosie is a sweet girl with or without groomed ears.
    Karen and the gang

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs