Thread: Can anyone recommend a good dry food?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anyone recommend a good dry food?

Hi, I'm looking for a good dry food, suitable for puppys that does not contain poultry. I'm looking on zooplus.ie at the moment and the only poultry free dry food I see is Hill's Science Plan (Lamb & Rice) and Eukanuba for Puppy (Lamb and Rice. The Royal Canin food has poultry and I can't source JWB to buy. I'm inclined to go with Hill's Science Plan. Has anyone used it?

Post Thanks / Like

Hills didn't really go down well in my house Gus didn't like it and Pippin was hungry all the time when he was on it,my vet had prescribed it ,but agreed I should take him off it.
    Not sure what to advise, I have mine on RC cavalier now..It does contain some poultry but although Pippin has an allergy to chicken he seems to tolerate it.I don't give a huge amount and top up with veg. I'm sure others will be able to advise.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I find James Wellbeloved very good for Sally as she has a sensitive tummy too. I'm sure you could get shipped to you in Ireland or Karlin may know where you can buy it there.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just found James WellBeloved on pet-bliss.ie. I think I'll go ahead and order it. Thanks shippers

Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree, all our 3 are on JWB and it's great for them, even for Jake our Lab, who has a delicate stomach......unusual for a Lab as it is
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My two have done really well on both RC and Burns - the advantage of burns is thta their poo is much firmer
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, James Wellbeloved is grear (we have put Holly back on to this, and she is on the Lamb and Rice, as she has a sensitive tummy, with bouts of colitis every now and then - this controls it). JWB is great food, as is Burns dog kibble also!
    Ashley, with Holly and Murphy