• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Whats better?

Gingers Mommy

Im wondering what your opinions are on the following in terms of Ginger's happiness!
When I bring her to work with me, she sleeps all day, which I understand, obviously Im working, not paying too much attention to her and she's just hanging out. She gets to go around a few times a day to say Hi to all my co-workers and gets some love from one she loves in particular (and he loves her RIGHT back!)
Obviously we go for walkies as well, but they are usually just pee breaks and we come back upstairs.
If I dont bring her to work, I will take her to daycare. There are other small breed dogs there (and 4 other cavs!) so she gets to be around them and get some energy out. They have a webcam, so I check in often during the day, but usually find her sleeping on a bench or under a desk.....I never really see her jumping and playing with other dogs....although I dont watch it every second/minute shes there.
Where do you think she's happier? Here with me asleep all day, or at daycare with other dogs asleep most of the day?! But with the option to play!
I do like having her here, at least I can give her kisses and hugs every now and again and chat with her, but I want her to be happy! I would still bring her to day care at least 1x a week, but would like to soak up the opportunity I have now of bringing her to work!
Thanks!

I know what I'd do personnally!! I'd have her round me as much as possible, you are very luck to be able to have her at work with you and I would take full advantage of that!
Cavaliers crave human companionship and it seems as if your co-workers also enjoy her company too, at the end of the day though only you can really make the decision!!

Gosh you're so lucky you can bring her to work! Really only you can decide which is better - but if you like having her at work, and your co-walkers don't mind - then whay not?!

Keep her with you or she could become dog orientated. Most dogs sleep during the day, rousing for the odd bit of activity.

Dottie loves play dates with other dogs but she is happiest when she is with me or my husband. I think the fact that she is sleeping (a Cavalier's favorite past time I might add) when she is with you means she is content just knowing you are there. I guarantee if you get up and leave the room she will be awake and at your heels on a moments notice, if she is anything like my girl.

One of the lovely things about this breed is that they will be as active as you want to be, or as quiet as you want to be. They tend to mirror our lifestyles which is quite unique for a dog I would say. My friend has a Jack Russell terrier that is in overdrive 90% of the time and if she doesn't walk him, train him, play with him most of the day he becomes a little terror:eek: and makes his own fun/ie barking and tearing stuff up.

As others have said, you are very fortunate to be able to bring Ginger to work with you. You can always give her (and you) some excercise after work with a good walk, and everyone will be happy!

I'm in the same situation as you as regards Alex.I drive a van for a living so I can either bring Alex with me in the van or leave him at home,but he'd be home alone:( I tried both options but when I left him at home alone Ifelt guilty cos he was on his own when Ibring him with me I feel guilty cos he's just sitting there on the seat next to me and everytime I get out he jumps up to see where Im gone and doesnt sit down till I get back in the van beside him.Thats why I've decided to bring him with me always,he misses me and I miss him it beats being at home on his own.Do what makes you feel happy but your little darling probably loves sleeping beside his mam knowing your beside him all the time and loves the attention too from his co-workers:)

Alex my little darling 7mth.blenheim:luv::luv::luv:

Either way, your dog has a wonderful life. :) Selfish me.... if I could I would take mine to work with me.

Sounds like she likes being with you....It has to be your decision in the end,but I would love to be able to take mine to work with me!

I bring both of mine to work everyday and I can see the look of pain on days when I have a morning meeting out of the office and leave them at home. I think they would choose to be with us ILO other dogs ANY DAY of the week! Save the money on daycare and keep doing what you're doing. She couldn't be more happy than to be with you all day, even if it sleeping all day. That's what they do!

Sounds like heaven for you both. I would love to be able to take all of my dogs with me to work... however, Im not sure how everyone would feel with 10 cavaliers racing round. Lets face it cavaliers are 99% human and love to be pampered. Keep her with you. Im sure she is loving having her momma beside her.:)

I guess it depends on what you do for a living.If you don't work in an industrial setting and can keep the dog safe then why not?
I brought Daisy into work once(well for 10 minutes) just to show her to my co workers. I popped her up on the lab bench and she was promptly surrounded by men in white coats:D.
She was actually nervous,must have thought they were vets or maybe she was a pharmaceutical test dog in a previous life:confused:...or possibly didn't like the chemical smells.
I took her home straight away.
Sins

Most of our dogs just like being with us don't they? If she's the kind of dog who likes to sleep anyway she might as well do it near you :) My Maddy could get a medal in sleeping :D. How great that you can take her with you, I teach part-time & dogs aren't allowed in school, but if they were Maddy would love it!!

My two would choose a human companion over a dog companion any day, so if she's like my girls then I would definitely bring her to work. :dogwlk:

Thanks for the replies!
I do like having her here with me, it gets ME out for a walk in the middle of the day, which is great esp now the weather is getting nicer.
Im happier having her because I can grab a snuggle now and then, I just dont want her to be bored. I work in a small office and always did bring her in on fridays, now I can bring her in 2x a week, some weeks when the boss isn't around I can bring her more! This week it'll be 3x! And in august I can bring her every day!
Good to know I shouldn't feel bad bringing her here and having her sleep all day! I'll just cherish it. Its fun, I always take pics of her with my phone and send them to my hubby- he gets jealous!!

Back