Thread: Balls!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Balls!

As it's been 10 years since I had a pup (& she is female) I'm wondering at aprox what age their testicles drop?

Sparky's 14 weeks old & has 2 little bumps for ballies at the moment but I see a lot of people have their males neutered at 6 months, just wondering if he's a late developer or if this is 'normal'.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

It is very normal indeed for their little bits to ahem, go up and down, in the first six months, some days you'll feel just one, other days both and yet more days none at all!! The very act of "feeling" for them makes them automatically draw them back up again too! Cavaliers can take a very long time for everything to "drop into place" but they should both be down by the age of 4-6 months.

I had to very sadly re-home the most stunningly bred and handsome potential show pup a couple of months ago as neither of his came down at all, they were just "sitting" on the ledge Happily a fantastic home came along and I let him go, quite broke my heart to do it, but you have to think of the dog at the end of the day!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx Cathryn, thats put my mind to rest now!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I were just on a K9 College cruise and a vet was on there and he had a couple of seminars and one topic was testicles dropping. He said the less you mess with them the better off they would be...Just poking around down there with the tips of your fingers can bruise the testicle and cause it to not "work" and can cause them to not drop any more.
    April
    Doggie Mom to Bailey (Tri) and Dudley (Blenheim)