• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lime on paws

shippers

I've just got back from walking in the fields with Sally. While i was there a nice elderly man shouted over to me to wash Sally's paws when we get home because the farmer puts 'lime' on that field and it'll burn her paws :eek:. Obviously I didn't realise this or I wouldn't have been on it. I was a good mile away from home so I started my way back and have just washed Sally's paws. Will they be ok? They seem ok but I've never heard of 'lime' what does this do? I wouldn't want to harm her.

Hi there. I know when I was a kid my dad sprayed lime sulphur on the lawn to burn off the moss. The lawn would turn brown for a week in places where moss was growing however after a couple of weeks we were left with very healthy, green grass. If we ran around the grass without our shoes on, little brown stains would appear on our white socks. I don't ever remember it being very harmful though. I've also just quickly googled "Lime sulphur" and dogs and it is suggested the lime dips are often used to kill mites from dogs skin. I'm not sure how safe that is though!!

Lime is caustic and would more likely irritate than burn.Once it's spread onto the grass it'll be fine,you just need to keep animals away while it's being dispersed in case they inhale it or it gets in their eyes.I don't think you'll have anything to worry about especially as you've hosed down her paws.
Sins

Back