Thread: Metal spill proof bowls?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Metal spill proof bowls?

Does anyone know of a company that makes these? I'm trying to find a good solution for keeping water in the crates with 2 of my naughty dogs - Regular water bowls are overturned in a few seconds, plastic spill proof bowls get chewed up, coop cups that bolt to the cage somehow they still manage to get out of the holders and spill, and it's so hot here that if I have to leave for a few hours for any reason, I don't like my dogs not having access to water!!!! Here's a link to the spill-proof bowls I've been using - http://www.premier.com/View.aspx?pag...ther/spillless I really like them for MOST of my dogs, but for my 2 naughty kids that have to chew on them, they don't work - Other then the chewing, these bowls are great, I'd love to try to find some bowls this style made out of metal so they can't be chewed! Can anyone help me?
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I have a s/steel parrot water bowl with 'hanger' that hangs on the side of the cage - the water bowl is quite big - prob about 5-6 inches in diameter. I got it from pets at home in bornemouth (years ago!) in the bird section & it works really well - even if they jump in it it wont fall off! (Sparky has tryed that!!)

Have seen people use rabbit water bottles on cages - havent used them myself though so not sure how well they work
    Last edited by Dublin; 18th April 2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: forgot to add the bowl was metal!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I use one of the ss bowls that fit into the holder that's attached to the crate by bolts, and it's worked great. I bought it at a dog show a few months ago. The bowl fits so snug that the dogs haven't spilled it. It's similar to this but mine drops in, doesn't slide in: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012GS73S?...0&linkCode=asn
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

Thsoe are the type I have in with most of my dogs, they work great for most of my dogs - But there's 2 of them that either somehow manage to work the bolt loose that holds the hanger tight ot the cage and spill them, or they get the bowl out of the hanger and spill it! They're just plain naughty LOL
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Would your dogs drink out of this: https://www.petedge.com/Lixit-Quick-...tles-LX836.pro
    Kelly, Lexie & Portia

Post Thanks / Like

I tried that, the managed to chew the water bottle through the grate of the cage - If I could figure out a holder of some sort to keep the dog from getting to the bottle without blocking the ventilation in the crate, tha tmight work, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that I've got to come up with something - But every clever idea I come up with they outsmart me! Little stinkers LOL I thought those spill less bowls where the answer, but my dogs just chewed them to bits I know I can't be the only one with this problem - Some of my dogs are just to smart for their own good! Right now it's not to hot, and they're seldom alone for more then an hour at a time, but still, I'd rather they have constant access to water, and I know there's going to be days they'll have to be alone 4-5 hrs, and that's way to long in the NV heat to be without water, even if they are in an air conditioned house!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can you not use a heavy ceramic bowl? Even my "naughties" don't tend to tip that over...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to try that, didn't even think of using a ceramic bowl! The only thing with them is I'm not sure if they'll just play in the water and still make a mess LOL I guess only trial and error will tell!