• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

eye issues

Super Princess

ill post a picture later,
but i was wondering if anyone else has had problem with the skin around their pups eye.
olivers eyes are a constant going issue.
it itches him..he rubs it on the floor on the couch..watever he can, the area around the eye looses its fur and the skin gets pink and pussyish..
ill post a pciture
but we are constintly having to wash it and put cream on it from the vet.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2722814&l=d0a31&id=566055304

Last edited:
i deleted the picture...lol.. u know what happend..i uploaded it from my cell phone onto facebook to show you guys....and then deleted it from the mini feeds..only little did i know the picture would show up in everyone elses news feeds..so roughly 100 some odd people have a picture of poor olivers infected eye skin on their openign screen..little bit embarrasing!

ill see if tomorow i can get a picture on photobucket..least then not everyones gonna see it.

My parents take him to the vet..but when i ask the rents what it acutally is they just say oh its just issues with his eyes or allergies..like its no big deal..but put eye goop on it. say its a life long thing..
but i was hoping (and of course woudl need hte picture) someone here might have a better idea.

poor babe..its not pretty and it buggs him.
when dad puts the eye goop on him..oliver dosnt even know enough to keep his eye closed so he gets goop on his eye.

My cavalier developed this condition within three days of coming home from the breeder.It's a staph aureus infection which needs veterinary treatment,the eyelids can also thicken and if the hair is lost from around the eyes it will take several weeks to grow back.
Even when the infection is clear the hair will take weeks to reappear.Also check under the jawline for enlarged lymph nodes.Daisy needed oral antibiotics and a steroid shot as well as drops to deal with this infection.
Sins

Back