• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Did I miss this......Dodds vax proposals

frecklesmom

It seems to be all over the 'net that all 27 Veterinary Schools in North America are in process of adopting Dr. Jean Dodd's vaccination protocols. Slowly but surely reform marches on.......

No -- this is NOT TRUE and has been circulating around the net for at least 3-4 years!! No one ever verifies it and I wondered why it was always reappearing as 'new' information every few months or so and went on a seacrh expedition this week when it got crossposted yet again to a bunch of cavalier sites and email lists. I have previously crossposted this myself! :sl*p: I found a site with this information:

It's great to share helpful information that might benefit our animal companions. However, sometimes the information may not be accurate and can create problems later on. That turns out to be the case with the "New Vaccination Protocols" post which continues to be widely circulated.

From experience, I find it best to verify important information prior to sending it on to others.

FYI, regarding that ‘vaccine protocol’ which is excerpted below– please be advised that it is NOT Dr. Jean Dodds’

" ... I would like to make you aware that all 27 veterinary schools in North America are in the process of changing their protocols for Vaccinating dogs and cats. Some of this information will present an ethical & economic challenge to Vets, and there will be skeptics. Some organizations have come up with a political compromise suggesting vaccinations every 3 years to appease those who fear loss of income vs. those concerned about potential side effects. Politics, traditions, or the doctors economic well-being should not be a factor in a medical decision..."

To follow is her reply to me regarding what is being circulated via the internet (again). She has since asked me to assist with this unfortunate situation and that's why I'm asking that this post be forwarded -- to let everyone know that the other post contains false information:

“Dear Helen: No , … This is the broadcast message sent around the world, or so it seems, LAST YEAR. It is not from me. I even got an e-mail from the AVMA last year asking where I got my information and data from ! Jean”

Link: http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/DODDS-CHG-VACC-PROTOCOLS.HTM

The link includes Dr Dodd's actual recommendations, as of 2007.

Please spread the word if you see this '27 vet school' info being posted anywhere, as clearly Dr Dodds herself is not happy with this being circulated as her own recommendations.

Glad to have the correct information. I went from site to site seeing this and still wondered where the best authoritative site would be. One of the "urban legends"?

Dr Dodds has her own site I think? -- this is also offered at the link above.

Back