• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

red mills leader supreme

shan

any body here on the forum feeding redmills leader supreme dog food an irish brand and if so how how are you finding it thanks in advance

Is that their breeder-quality food? I've checked that one out; the ingredients are quite good. Hard to find though.

I didn't see an actual ingredients list for this brand on the Red Mills site. It doesn't state exactly what is in the food, or am I missing something??

You can download a brochure. I have talked to the reps about the super premium line before. It's just hard to get hold of.

red mills supreme

if changing to this food they have puppy and adult and adutl supreme supreme is supposed to be for indoor dogs and show dogs according to their info 22 percent protein and 14 percent fat in the supreme or would the puppy food be better molly is 21 weeks and we have barney 11 weeks should i go puppy or adult and how would this food compare to royal canin mini puppy that is what i am feeding at the moment

I never have fed puppy food and many if not most show breeders do not recommend feeding puppy food -- the belief is it is too rich, accelerates growth and may cause joint weakness. I've no idea if that is the case but I cannot see why puppies would need a different food -- once weaned they'd be getting the same food as adults in the wild.

The McGrath's tinned foods are nice as well if you are a looking for a wet food sometimes as well.

food

thanks karlin do you know how many grams per kg body weight you should feed thanks:)

protein

also wondering is their a certain amount of protein that is right for a cavalier all the foods seem to vary and i think i read somewhere that too much protein can be bad for dogs the royal canin seems particulary high compared to the redmills supreme

Sparky was on the redmills leader supreme puppy when I got him & he had the runs for 3 weeks - during which time the vet suggested we change him to hills puppy which again went right through him, I toyed with the idea he may be allergic to chicken & changed him to James Wellbeloved Lamb & rice puppy but that went through him too. He's now on Naturediet which is a wet food but he's doing great on it now & eats the chicken variety with no problem so I now thing that the dry puppy food was too rich for him too.

Just my opinion though!

nature diet

hi just wondering is the naturediet expensive it seems on the website i looked at that my cavalier weighing 3 kg would need one packet a day and it is 22.50 for 18 packs do you find it expensive to feed:rolleyes:

I buy it from www.zooplus.ie & it works out at €17.99 for the regualr varieties & €19.05 for the puppy diet.

My 6kg Jack russell eats 1/2 a pack a day with mixer biscuit (she's spayed & 10 years old so she dosn't need so much) & Sparky at the moment is having 3/4 of a pack of puppy diet per day again with mixer biscuit.

It does say that you don't need to add mixer but I just like to so they get a bit of crunch in their diet!

With Zooplus if you order more than €50 you get the delivery free but anything under is €4.90 which isn't bad really.

So, I don't find it too expensive - my last dog & Cass used to eat a pack a day between them (with mixer) so it cost me aprox €1 a day for the two of them, I imagine when Sparky's finished growing he'll be on around the same amount as Cass or a little more, so it should work out about the same.

I gues sit might work out a little more expensive than some of the dry foods but Ive used it for years & find it very good.

I'm not sure where you are Shan - but when I lived in England I also used to use a dog food called forthglade which is quite similar to the naturediet except most of the varities are not 'complete'.

Hope that helps!:)

Back