Thread: Solid Gold

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Solid Gold

Hi

As i have been re-educated thanks to forum members regarding what i feed the girls has anybody got any comments on Solid Gold Food just as a variation form R Canin or Burns that i normally feed .As i was browsing the zooplus site i noticed this this in stock and wondered on the quality content wise.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian,
    I'm not sure about feeding a pup any "own brand" food.I think if you've found a premium dogfood that suits your dog and he's thriving on it, I certainly wouldn't change it.Think of it as a baby food formula,any changes can cause sudden tummy upsets.
    The breeder we got Daisy from gave us a pack of the premium food she'd started the pups on and written feeding instructions and how to change to a new food later on if needed,so it made life a lot easier for us.We just stuck with it all the way.
    My mother bought some of that solid gold for her hungry cavalier and turned up his snout at it.But then he had developed a taste for roast pork and boiled bacon
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

I think the ingredients look really good on some of the Solid Gold varieties, and they place really well in most dog food rankings, but Daisy would not eat it.

Post Thanks / Like

'UNREPENTANT' DEALER SENTENCED FOR FRAUDULENT ANIMAL DRUGS In reference to Solid Gold. I know it doesn't bother some people, but it does bother me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Years ago, we had a veterinarian behaviorist visit our house when we had a problem with our cavalier pups India and Geordie eating acorns. She recommended several high quality dog foods to us, and Solid Gold was one on her short list. The food has high quality ingredients.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

My vet recommended Solid Gold when Hali was a pup and she has always loved it! I was told that some dogs are gassy from it and Hali certainly is. It's been suggested to change food every once in a while so I'm trying Evo, haven't tried it yet but hope to in a couple of weeks & see how that works for her.
    Last edited by Halina; 30th April 2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Cavaliers give us a little piece of heaven.