• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Solid Gold

Brian M

Hi

As i have been re-educated thanks to forum members regarding what i feed the girls has anybody got any comments on Solid Gold Food just as a variation form R Canin or Burns that i normally feed .As i was browsing the zooplus site i noticed this this in stock and wondered on the quality content wise.

Hi Brian,
I'm not sure about feeding a pup any "own brand" food.I think if you've found a premium dogfood that suits your dog and he's thriving on it, I certainly wouldn't change it.Think of it as a baby food formula,any changes can cause sudden tummy upsets.
The breeder we got Daisy from gave us a pack of the premium food she'd started the pups on and written feeding instructions and how to change to a new food later on if needed,so it made life a lot easier for us.We just stuck with it all the way.
My mother bought some of that solid gold for her hungry cavalier and turned up his snout at it.But then he had developed a taste for roast pork and boiled bacon:rolleyes:
Sins

I think the ingredients look really good on some of the Solid Gold varieties, and they place really well in most dog food rankings, but Daisy would not eat it.

Years ago, we had a veterinarian behaviorist visit our house when we had a problem with our cavalier pups India and Geordie eating acorns. She recommended several high quality dog foods to us, and Solid Gold was one on her short list. The food has high quality ingredients.

My vet recommended Solid Gold when Hali was a pup and she has always loved it! I was told that some dogs are gassy from it and Hali certainly is. It's been suggested to change food every once in a while so I'm trying Evo, haven't tried it yet but hope to in a couple of weeks & see how that works for her.

Last edited:
Back