• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dry food recommendations

Thanks for the comments. I have Rudy on Royal Cainin which was what the breeder was feeding - but only kibble, no wet at all. I am so confused about what is best. Some say never give them wet...others say combo of wet & dry. (Wet providing additional moisture to system since they may not drink enough water to keep system hydrated properly....)

I'm in real estate so am out of the house a few hours nearly every day. He has free range in a large comfy laundry room while I am gone, and I often find him asleep in his crate when I return. During those times and since he's only 5 mos, he does occasionally have an accident (altho he's doing pretty well with housetraining). I've heard wet food can make for some pretty messy clean up....but if it's good for him nutritionally, I'd deal with it. Many of you prepare your own - kudos to you! - I'm hoping to find other options. Input welcome!

I think in general, dry food is actually healthier FOR THEIR TEETH than wet food. If you can find a kibble your dogs like and do well with, stick with it instead of trying to mix with wet. A lot of people will mix a little wet food in for taste, but not for health I think.

My 3 dogs are on Orijen. I do use some wet food (I change it up daily for variety) mixed in for the morning meal. I do this for some variety and sometimes I have to add some medicine in for my Shih-Poo. For their evening meal, they just get dry Orijen. They are doing great! (y)

Back