• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tremors - Any ideas?

TillyTommy

Tilly who is approaching 9 has been having tremors very regular throughout the day. Her eyes twitch a bit, her head and now her body. They are not severe but what was once just the eyes and head seems to have spread to the body having tremors too. I took her to the vet and he just dismissed it. She is still registered with my old vets so I am going to change to the new vets I use and seek their advise. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas and what I should be asking the vet. This used to happen maybe once a day but now it seems to happen one and off throughout the day. She is happy and well, eating and playing. Any thoughts??

Tremors are a symptom of usually a neurological disorder and to find the problem I would imagine you would need to see a canine neurologist-hope there is one within a decent distance. Primary vets may recognize the symptom but cannot diagnose the cause as it will take some investigation to reveal it. Good luck.

It could be what is called “idiopathic head tremor”. In plain english, this means head tremor with an unknown cause.

One of our Boxers had this. It is fairly common in Boxers and our vet advised us against a whole lot of tests to try to find a cause as he felt that it was unlikely we'd get any answers. She did go on to have epileptic fits, but that was probably 8 or more years later and may not have been associated.

Back