• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

origen dog food

shan

i have been looking at the dog food anylsis site i noticed that royal canin only gets 2 or 3 stars there is a food origen that gets six and i am wondering what everybody thinks of it and if any body has tried it what do you think of this site most of the foods available in ireland seemed to get a pretty low rating but i am not sure about buying online from zooplus as i have never used the service any advice welcome:confused:

Hi
Zooplus are 1 st class use them lots never had a problem and Orijen food again 1 st class.

Keep in mind that an internet site is just one site's opinion and perspective . And always be cautious on advice given online -- who is actually doing the reviews for example? What expertise to they have? You will find as many opinions on food as there are foods. I'd never take any one place as an authority. Personally I prefer the Whole Dg Journal's food ratings to the websites that are out there, not least because they don't remain anonymous (as many of the websites do) which makes it impossible to know if they have their own agendas because they offer so little information about who they are.

Let me put it this way: as a journalist, I could not possibly use the views of many of the dog food review websites as they are anonymous with no clear or assessible right to claim any type of authority. Whereas the WDJ authors are all published writers, there's an identifiable publisher, and they have an established reputation. I also trust good breeder recommendations and experienced rescue people -- and RC gets god reviews for both cat and dog foods. I have fed my cats almost exclusively for 9 years on RC with excellent results and it is the main food I alternate (with James Wellbeloved) for my cavaliers.

Orijen is a good food but very high in protein and is pricy. I tried a bag but prefer JWB and RC with some homecooked but that's my approach. There's no one right choice that's good for all, and many people feel it is a good idea to rotate foods anyway rather than always feed a single type of kibble. So lots of possibility.

I rotate foods quite a bit, but my puppy has only been on Orijen and does soooo well on it that I won't switch with him yet. If I did, I would probably come back to it.

My sister-in-law had her labs on Orijen and loved it, but she switches around too and will be going back to Orijen next time since she can't find anything else that works as well. One of the major pluses is their poops are really compact and firm and easy to clean up. I notice with other foods they have softer poops.

I really can't say enough good things about it! It IS expensive, but I have eliminated giving any supplements b/c I have found the quality of their coats is so amazing while on Orijen they don't need anything extra, so I save money there.

As for the high protein content, yes it is a grain-free food. But I can only tell you that MY body responds more favorably to a high-protein diet and theirs seems to as well. Give it a try!

Two paws up for Orijen here! Kelsey and Winston eat raw when I'm home, and Orijen when I'm traveling and they are boarded. It is grain free with great protein sources.

Back