• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bald patch

rocky

i have noticed that vegas has a bald patch on his top front leg he is casting an awful lot of hair just now and someone suggested that this could be his puppy coat falling off is this normal for baldy areas. It doesn't seem to be bothering him and i have rubbed it to see if it's sore and he doesn't seem to be bothered about it

I don't think it's normal to have a bald patch. Is it possible he is licking or biting the area when you're not watching, perhaps during the night or when you're away? It could be an indicator of pain, itching or other skin problem. I would try to watch him more closely, and have a vet examine him very soon, just in case it is a parasite or a skin disease.:flwr:

It could be an allergy, as well.
Or it could be something basic, like fleas.
(If you are using a flea treatment, make sure it is for the right weight class.)

thanks for the comments i will keep an eye on it i am with him 24/7 and it definately does not bother him if it gets worse or i see another patch i will definately take him to the vet but will just watch it for know and see if it gets worse or another patch appears, he had flea treatment about a month ago at the vet and he is probably due another treatment now so i'll see what happens after that

Bald patches

My Rosie also has this problem. Hers is on the top of her shoulder. In general her coat is dull and coarse. Our vet is thinking allergies so we are starting an elimination diet. Other than not being very pretty none of this seems to bother her. Good luck.

Cyndy and Rosie

Back