• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

appointment made for spay but is there an injection instead?

:razz:and cindy i think the onesie is a great idea. I wonder what size ? and do i just open it up when she has to do a wee??? I know i sound thick now dont i??:lpy:

The size will depend on the dog. I've never purchased a onsie before (I dont have kids), so I learned that they often have a length on the size. So measure your pup from shoulders to bum before you go shopping.

When Holly needed to pee, I unsnapped the onesie at the crotch and then I pulled the bottom up to the top and snapped it. It kept the onesie around her waist while she did her thing. When she came back in, I just put it back like normal.

Charity shops are a good place to pick up a couple. I just cut a hole for the tail then unsnap and roll it up like a little t-shirt for walks or toilet breaks. Usually they only need it for a couple of days. I hate the ecollars though some dogs are fine with them -- Leo is. Took him a bit to get sued to it but I had to use it when his anal gland ruptured as he was licking the skin off the base of his tail trying to lick the wound.

He says it is like a woman getting a hysterectomy.

I've had a hysterectomy, and my only regret is that I didn't have it about 20 years earlier. :D

He thinks it is like doing that to my daughter...That ruby is so young and she is only a little girl with no way of making her own decision....:(

This is anthropomorphizing (projecting human feelings onto non-human animals) and we all do it to some degree. Your little girl won't even know she has been spayed. She will have a bit of a sore tummy for a couple of days, but she isn't going to wake up and say "oh my goodness, I can't have babies".

I really feel for your situation as it is really difficult if your partner is opposed to something that you feel is right. I hope you both can come to a place of peace with this. Perhaps asking your husband to come along to the vet with you, where he can ask his questions & dispel some of his concerns?

ok i have the onesie bought. I got 5 of them in dunnes today for 6euro. I got age 2 to 3 in childrens. I think they will fit fine....my mother said it was a brilliant idea. She was trying to make a bandage type thing for her dog when she was spayed. So im all set for next wednesday...i will keep you all posted.....:(

Hi Ruby2,
Just to let you know that Chloe was spayed today and she is just fine! We took her home at 6pm, and she's settled on the sofa curled up on a pillow as we speak.
The vet gave us some antibiotics and some pain killer medicine to give her so hopefully she will be comfortable enough over the next few days.
I will head to Dunnes tomorrow for an all in one - looks like a great idea!
Good luck with Ruby next week, Im sure she will be fine :xfngr:
Louise

thanks louise that is very nice of you. Hope she will be ok for you. Keep us posted. I have communion tomorrow so i wont get a chance to come on. We are heading away for two nights as well so i will update everyone next week.:)

Back