• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cassidy's Spay Today

Anya

I just dropped Cassidy off at the vet for her spay and microchipping. I cried all the way to work..... I know she will be fine and its for her own good but....

I hope Cassidy goes on ok, we will be going through the same thing with our little girl in a few months. I can imagine how you must be feeling at the moment, hugs to you both:flwr:

{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}

We will keep both of you in our thoughts and prayers. She'll be home soon and then you can baby her to your hearts content. Keeping her calm for the next week or two tends to be difficult.

oh i hope she will be ok. Im sure she will. I have ruby for hers next wednesday and im not looking forward to it. Did you see what was recommended to me on my thread for after the spay. its a onesie !! i think its a great idea. Its on the thread of the spay and the injection. There are pictures and all of it. I have mine bought and waiting to use...have a look...
big hugs to you.:hug:

Yes, I saw.... its a good idea. My mom, who is a creative quilter made her a belly cover similar to the one showed on this forum a while back. She used Cass' puppia as a pattern but made it long to cover the belly, batting for cushion and used velcro to fasten. I think its going to work out great. If I would take the time to learn how to post pictures on here I would post one (maybe I will). I told her she could sell them!

I am doing ok....not very productive today but somehow the day is still going by pretty quickly...

Anya, tell momma that she has a customer (I am in California too) if she wants to make us one. Our spay date will be about the first week of July. I'm sure all will go well!

I know just how you feel - except I started crying while we were sitting in the waiting room.... I think the vets understand.

You will feel so much better when you go and pick her up - :flwr:

Awww it is hard isn't it. I think the worst part is leaving them at the vets. She will be fine & home in no time. Thinking of you both.

she will be fine

i know its harder on female dogs..but let me tell you my experience..

when our chingching went get fixed . it was a BIG deal!
we were so worried! when we picked him up from the vet next day ....guess what..he was happy as ever..as if nothing has happened! as if it was he just went to the groomer. Pls report us when u pick up ur little girl! Let us know she is fine!:jump:

Ooooh, here we are a week later and Cassidy is back to her lovey dovey self. The vet said she did really well all day- I was so relieved. My daughter and I were not expecting her to be so out of it still and we got worried when she tried to walk and would trip. It seemed as if the cone was too heavy but my husband came home and pointed out that it was because she was still drowsy! The next morning she was up and back to her kissy self in no time. The belly cover my mom made worked great (it looks like an apron). I didn't have to worry about her belly rubbing on anything.

We are still using the cone but only when we can't keep our eye on her every second. Even with the belly cover on she can still get to the wound if she really tries but she hasn't bothered with it too much. I think the hardest part of her was the first day or so because she wasn't getting held and cuddled as much as usual. But now all is good. We made it :). Her follow up appointment is Tuesday. Thanks for the well wishes.

That's great! You can almost certainly take the cone off now -- she will be mostly healed and will probably just lick the sutures. I've never needed one more than a day or two. But just keep an eye out, as some dogs and cats do go after the sutures themselves (one of my cats pulled her stitches out -- but I think cats are more obsessed with stitches and more flexible at reaching them!!). If she isn't fussing much over them when you are there, she is unlikely to be doing so when you leave her alone. (y)

Back