• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

vomiting

kimy27

Hi everyone. My 5 month old boy Dylan vomited a LOT last night. The first time he was sick he brought up quite a lot of little stones he must have found in the garden :yikes

He continued to be sick until there was nothing left in his stomach. The only other thing he ate yesterday that was different than normal was some mince and rice. We gave him this because that is what we've been feeding our older dog. Do you think it could have been this that upset him?

Also should we feed him as normal today? Thanks for any help.

Hi everyone. My 5 month old boy Dylan vomited a LOT last night. The first time he was sick he brought up quite a lot of little stones he must have found in the garden :yikes

He continued to be sick until there was nothing left in his stomach. The only other thing he ate yesterday that was different than normal was some mince and rice. We gave him this because that is what we've been feeding our older dog. Do you think it could have been this that upset him?

Also should we feed him as normal today? Thanks for any help.

How strange, Basil did the exact same thing after eating a flower from our garden last night. Wasn't a lot of sick, just a little puddle. I have continued to feed him as normal ss he seems fine.

URGENTLY get him to a vet -- this may be a life or death situation! If he has swallowed stones it is very important he be checked for intestinal blockages -- if there's a bloackage the intestine can start to die off and this can be fatal within 24-48 hours so this really, really needs a vet's professional assessment. Even if nothing more happens in the next few days he really MUST be seen by a vet.

Also of he is eating stones you will absolutely need to supervise him when he is anywhere he can access them and try to eat tim -- this is one of the top causes of intestinal blockage vets see in dogs.

Let us know what the vet says. :xfngr:

Anytime a dog is vomiting and bringing up objects it is important to at the very least ring your vet and ask what to do and if the dog should be seen. Vets are happy to advise on matters like this and it my save a dog's life!

Thanks Karlin. I called the emergency vet there. She said that she thinks he should be ok but if there is any signs of deterioration to call back and they will get him in for an x-ray.

The stones were the first thing to come up last night so I think he may have gotten rid of them before they reached his intestines. I feel so bad. I will certantly watch him like a hawk in future. We usually let him out in the garden to play with our older dog but not anymore. :sl*p:

I take it there is no way to deter dogs from eating things that are bad for them? lol

Back