• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mole Treats

Rosewoodsteel

Charlie and our outdoor cat Pedro have a partnership.
Pedro kills moles and voles and leaves them near our back porch.
Charlie eats them.

Try as I may, Charlie sneeks one in every once in a while.
So far, I have seen no ill effects... :paw:

Eeewwww!!!!

Sometimes animals do the grossest things! Ollie has an obsession with eating bugs and cat poop when he can get to it. It grosses me out.

My cat frequently will kill birds or mice when she escapes. It worries me b/c I know rodents AND birds can carry diseases they are not immunized against.

Just be careful and watch for any weird symptoms.

Yes, some of our little darlings have a talent for the gross. Beau is my "ewww" guy. If there is anything dead around (& there usually is where we live) he will find it, roll in it, bury is face it in & eat parts of it. He also has a knack for timing it at the worst possible moment.

Depending upon the wildlife & your environment, you do need to be aware of what parasites the animal harbour. Here, wombats carry mange, and other wildlife can be covered in ticks.

Yep, Barney is the same loves the mice that the cats leave. He has killed rats before and it's a beggar to get them off him. He will part with anything for a treat but not dead animals. We saw a dead rat and he couldn't get to it, he was crying and whinging and pulling at his lead to try and get it guess it's their instincts.:)

......Ollie has an obsession with eating bugs and cat poop..................

Ah....., cat poop.
Or as it's known in our household, "Chocolate treats".

We found a simple way of keeping Mr. McFarlie out of the cat box.
We simply put the entry side of the box near the wall.
Our box has a top to it, so the only way he can "scoop the poop" is by getting it through the access door.
Our older cat has no problem getting in, so the problem is solved. :)

Back