Thread: Eye, skin treatments

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Eye, skin treatments

Whilst on holiday last week in Scotland......

bumped into a chap at the car boot sale. He just loved our dogs.

He noticed a gunky eye on Guinness, and told us of a remedy.

He said that castor oil dropped into the eye should sort it. Also mentioned that it was good for other things - he used it to get rid of a mole on his face.

We are good listeners - but always want to look further into thinks like this.

Sure enough - castor oils seems to be quite a miracle cure. Gets rid of warts, moles, skin cancer treatment, liver skin patches.

Has anyone had any success with any of these treatments.

Guinness - being an elderly gent - has got more warts than he used to - so we are going to try it on these. (Obviously because of its laxative nature if taken internally - you won't want you dog to lick it too much!!!)

lets see.....
    Simon and Shirley
    Guinness (12yr Tri) - Willow (2 1/2yr Ruby) - Bailey (1 3/4yr Blein) -Tarmac (departed B&T was 10yr)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would not even consider dropping anything into a dog's eye without checking with a vet first; eyes are so sensitive plus generally I'd never try any kind of treatment unless I know the authority and medical knowledge of the person recommending it.

Cavaliers normally get gunk in their eyes and it isn't a sign of an infection so there'd really be no point in treating it. If you're concerned about the gunk, I'd check with your vet as to whether there's a problem. Castor oil seems to be advised for conjunctivitis which is an actual infection.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com