• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eye, skin treatments

simonrickell

Whilst on holiday last week in Scotland......

bumped into a chap at the car boot sale. He just loved our dogs.

He noticed a gunky eye on Guinness, and told us of a remedy.

He said that castor oil dropped into the eye should sort it. Also mentioned that it was good for other things - he used it to get rid of a mole on his face.

We are good listeners - but always want to look further into thinks like this.

Sure enough - castor oils seems to be quite a miracle cure. Gets rid of warts, moles, skin cancer treatment, liver skin patches.

Has anyone had any success with any of these treatments.

Guinness - being an elderly gent - has got more warts than he used to - so we are going to try it on these. (Obviously because of its laxative nature if taken internally - you won't want you dog to lick it too much!!!)

lets see.....

I would not even consider dropping anything into a dog's eye without checking with a vet first; eyes are so sensitive plus generally I'd never try any kind of treatment unless I know the authority and medical knowledge of the person recommending it.

Cavaliers normally get gunk in their eyes and it isn't a sign of an infection so there'd really be no point in treating it. If you're concerned about the gunk, I'd check with your vet as to whether there's a problem. Castor oil seems to be advised for conjunctivitis which is an actual infection.

Back