• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

markings

mjones5

I have a question about Tri markings. I picked up Annie from the breeder two weeks ago. She is 10 weeks old, and her face is only "half" marked, in otherwords the color around her left eye has not formed and is entirely white. The breeder said not to be concerned as sometimes this takes some time to come in. There is darker lines under her eye that appears to darker fur growning in. Annie is a replacement for a puppy purchased from the breeder that died at the age of 9 months of autoimmune disease. I don't really care if her face changes at all as I will never show and she is adorable just as she is, but has anyone else heard of this? I will post a picture this week.

Martha

This is sometimes known as a clown face- or a half clown face. It isn't that uncommon. My Toppers littermate was a blen born with no color around one eye. It has nothing to do with the quality of the litter. Both Toppers parents are champions.

Personally, I really like the cavaliers missing half a mask -- they are cute even if the markings are considered a flaw for showing. :) But most pet cavaliers are not show quality -- very few of us here have show quality dogs! :lol: So enjoy. :)

My parents Cavalier, Bentley, has a half mask...we thought it might fill in a bit when he was a puppy, but it never really did. It gives him the cutest expression-- we love him just the way he is! :)

At about 4 months old
873768202_e6b8516d87_o.jpg

At around 8 months
2143423717_420b19817d.jpg

At a year (last month when they came to visit me)
2460431474_85d923aa79.jpg

As you can see, it didn't really change!

oooooh he is cute with the half mask. I think Annie is just fine the way she is, and I took pictures last night and will post them tonight after work. Thanks for the response.

Martha and Annie

i dont think it will really come much from speaking to a breeder friend of mine. Im no expert. But she says once its not there when they are born it wont really come fully after that. I think they look really cute with the half face, especially if you are not going to show.xx

Back