• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Everyone who has new puppies...

Bruce H

... it's all your fault!:D It seems like it's been forever since we have had puppies in the house and we aren't planning on breeding anyone until this winter. I have been going through major puppy withdrawal!
Sooooooooo, a new puppy came to our house today from a breeder friend out east. We have been waiting at least 1 1/2 years for just the right one. I would like to introduce our newest little girl Tyra:

2490324155_28d2c54430.jpg

2490326553_a9cb0d59b8.jpg

She is just the happiest little puppy and took to the other dogs right away and they took to her without any problems. I have a feeling she may be in line for our fetch contest. She loved the rope toy and when we threw it, she would run with the rest of the dogs to try to get it. I also had her outside for a while and she promptly found her own little twig to carry around and fetch when I threw it! And we even started working on the stairs. As expected, she had little trouble going up, but was terrified of going down.

She sure is a cute little thing!! And she is constantly on the move; I had a really tough time trying to get even a couple decent pics. I'm sure there will be more pictures to come when Kris can help me out a little.

She's so lovely, what lovely markings, now i'm having puppy withdrawal - Ralph has grown so quick he's now 29weeks but soo much bigger than Suki, 2's enough for me though but if i had more time space and money i'd have a bundle!!!

So given your previous pics of you all squeezed onto your sofa, who will be forced to sit on the floor rather than the sofa now with the dogs, you or Kris? :lol:

She's lovely! You (along with Nicki) are a such a bad influence; always making me feel I could fit in just one more... :p

I have a feeling she may be in line for our fetch contest. She loved the rope toy and when we threw it, she would run with the rest of the dogs to try to get it. I also had her outside for a while and she promptly found her own little twig to carry around and fetch when I threw it!

Yes that was what Jaspar was like. Sometimes I wish I hadn't started working with him on fetch when he was only a small puppy as he is obsessed with the game now -- nothing makes him as happy (agility is second but a distant second -- the ONLY thing that distracts him on an agility course is seeing a tennis ball lying on the floor! :rolleyes:).

What a lucky find! For people who were asking about tricolour markings, look no further, she's a beauty.
Sins

She is beautiful Id love a second puppy.............now look what you started.......:)

Awwww! Tyra is simply wonderful! I really, really adore her! I definitely understand your craving for a new puppy :)

She is terrific in appearance with those almost symmetrical face markings and her "eyebrows" are lovely. Raising the level of energy at your place :razz: like it isn't high enuf' :xctly: Nothing like a puppy to remind everyone to put things away-what a joy for you.

Update

Just a real quick update on Tyra.

She is doing soooooo well! I am so proud of her! She goes to bed in her crate with no more than a minute of half-hearted whining, then sleeps through the night. Her last call outside is around 10:00 at night; her first time out is when I get up at 4:00 am. So far no accidents in her crate. She is also very obvious when she has to go out during the day with her circling, even to pee, so she also has had no accidents in the house outside of her crate. She is just a little puppy, so this kind of luck is subject to change at any time, but for now we are celebrating with her.

Tyra has also mastered going down the stairs from the deck to the ground! She now goes both up and down like a little pro. I just think she watched the adults and figured if they can do it, she can do it; don't want to miss out on anything you know. The only thing we have to work on is convincing her to pee on the ground rather than the deck. Right now she immediately pees the second she is on the deck, then goes down to the ground with the rest of the dogs.

Tyra is also far more a people dog than a dog dog. She constantly wants to be on someone's (doesn't matter who) lap. And once there, she goes to work licking licking all over the persons face. That gets a little annoying after a while and we are trying to gently break her of that. She plays with the adults a little bit, but not as much as most of our previous puppies have. I'm thinking she is still brand new in the house and just needs to get used to the rest of our crew. Time will tell.

So, all in all, we are very pleased with her. I sure hope she continues to develop the way she has been so we can start showing her at some of the local AKC shows when she hits 6 months. In another month or so, I'll start taking her to puppy kindergarten to start getting her used to being around other people and dogs.

Back