• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone use this harness?

Bunnylover

Ruby is still pulling on her lead (mainly at the beginning of our walk in excitement!) I've tried a gentle leader as I don't want any stress on her neck but she really doesnt like it so I'm thinking of getting a harness.I've read the many posts on here and the Sense-ible one looks good but I can't source it in the UK.Has anyone used this one?
http://www.dog-games.co.uk/newshop/Harnesses+-+Fleece+Lined/ if so is it any good? what do you all think of it? Thanks for your help :p

If you want the Sense-ible, Tara (TKC on the board) stocks them at www.dogtrainingireland.ie 's shop and ships to the UK. (y) Just PM her or check out their online store.

I like that other harness too but it won't be designed to address pulling in the way the front clip harnesses will.

I have one of the fleece ones from dog-games, I bought it a crufts this year & it looks crap already! I got it for my jack russell & half her hair is stuck in it (dispite washing it) & the elastic that holds the fleese in place is starting to sag a little so the fleese bit can move & twist, also Cass almost walked out if it the other day as it wasn't quite tight enough - it had kind of slacked itself off really. I wouldn't reccomend it at all I'm afraid - Ive ordered puppia ones for the 2 of them now, just waiting on delivery!

Hope that helps.

This was taken the day after I bought it - when was still looking nice!
cassharness1.jpg

Thanks so much for letting me know.I always think it's better to go on peoples experiences with things and yours doesn't sound good! Cute pic though :lotsaluv:

It is really important that harnesses be fitted properly -- they should be snug, not hanging loosely on the body or around the neck. I must say most of the time I see Puppias they are probably too large -- the neck too large and harness part is quite loose and it is easy for dogs to back out of them (as any loose harness). Also with the Sense-ible and Easy Walk harnesses they need to be fitted properly. Tara actually posted a while back on another thread about how she thinks they should be adjusted for cavaliers -- maybe try searching on the Sense-ible and TKC and her post should come up. :)

Thanks will do that.I did a search on the harness but only 2 posts came up :confused: so will look on Tara's posts.Thanks again

Back