• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

hair very thin

rocky

has this happened to anyone else vegas is nearly 8 months and his coat is very thin it seems to be thinning more on the tops of his legs i am pleased to say there is no more baldy bits they have grown back in could it be his food or as my sister suggested that i am bathing him too much i have been using bob martin flea shampoo do you think this is too strong for his coat it does say that it is for puppies he got a scraping done for skin problems but came back clear i am still waiting to get his blood test done to see if it's an internal problem but cant get it done just now because of his sickness and diarhea i wonder if they are all connected but i guess the vet would have said surely. also i thought the vet would have asked what food he is getting, shampoo i am using etc to see if this was causing his hair thinning but he did'nt could any of these be causing it do you think?

every 2 weeks i know this is a lot but his hair was always greasy with the ear drops i was puting in i have just showered his little bum tonight as he has diarhea and i managed to keep the rest of his coat dry i am definately going to try and stop bathing him as much especially as he has had ear infections in the past and i dont think he should be getting his ears wet all the time i will just top and tail him

He could just be shedding his puppy coat. Also, every two weeks with flea shampoo sounds way too much-- usually you only use flea shampoo once every month or two, even if you shampoo more frequently -- you are dousing him in chemicals every time. :eek: Are you also using preventatives like Frontline as this would be a very intense amount of chemicals for a puppy. Diet unless very poor won't cause hair loss. Didn't the vet suggest he is probably just losing his puppy coat? Or does he think it is something more serious?

Many vets suggest washing as infrequently as possible -- once every three to four months. That's all I wash my dogs. Ypu can rinse them in warm water to loosen any light dirt in the coat. Shampoo strips all the protective oils from their skin and coat.

If there's a medical reason for him losing hair I doubt it is shampooing or food.

Back