• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What kind of Royal Canin?

FranklinFreckles

Hello :) I hope that no one minds this thread but I have a question!

I have been feeding my cavalier Royal Canin since he came home and when I was researching what food to purchase it seemed like the the very best commercial dog food that I could find for him and I understand many of you also serve your dogs royal canin as a staple.

Here is my question, which KIND of royal canin is best for a cavalier? I live in the United States and as yet we don't seem to have the Cavalier variety available.

Now that I'm switching from the small dog puppy formula, I'm curious which I should buy.

Should I be feeding the generic >25 lb small dog formula? What about the skin/coat formula? I noticed that the chihuahua formula advertises itself to be good for heart health but I can't imagine that I should be feeding him THAT since chihuahuas are such smaller/different dogs.

Also, is there any way I could get a hold of the Cavalier formula here in the States (California in particular) and if so is it worth the extra effort?

Thanks so much!

Back