Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cocking the leg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cocking the leg

Just wondering roughly how old they start cocking their legs at?

Sparks is 18 weeks now & getting quite big now, he likes to sniff at trees & posts etc... but never scents or cocks his leg - also dosn't cock his leg when having a wee yet.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Miles started lifting his leg at 7-8 months old...Truman is almost 6 months old and still pees like a girl
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx - so he has a little while before he graduates to leg lifting then!!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)

Post Thanks / Like

Ollie was neutered around 6 months old, and now at 9 mos still does not lift his leg. Will he start, or since he was neutered before the hormones kicked in, will he always pee like a girl? (I hope he doesn't start!)
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

our bailey and our willow was 3 months old when they 1st cocked there legs
    Simon and Shirley
    Guinness (12yr Tri) - Willow (2 1/2yr Ruby) - Bailey (1 3/4yr Blein) -Tarmac (departed B&T was 10yr)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh - Maybe the Sparkster is a lazy boy then! Wouldn't surprize me!
    Sonia

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pup that will piddle so much (he was neutered at 6 months) he will wet both back feet. His owners wanted to know how to teach the boy to lift his leg outside, so they'd stay dry. So I guess to lift or not to lift-- neither way is perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pup that will piddle so much (he was neutered at 6 months) he will wet both back feet. His owners wanted to know how to teach the boy to lift his leg outside, so they'd stay dry.
    My parents watched Miles when my fiance and I went on vacation last year, and when we dropped him off at their house he peed like a girl...when we picked him up a week later he lifted his leg! My dad claims he taught Miles how to lift his leg! Who knows if that's true or if it's just a funny coincidence!
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mark the calendar when Charlie first lifted his leg ,
    but he was neutered at an early age, and has no problem peeing like the big boys.

Post Thanks / Like

vegas bends down like a girl in our garden but whenever we go out for a walk he cocks up his leg i find this very weird but amusing
    where would I be without my dog