• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

baby teeth

rocky

when does their baby teeth fall out as vegas still has a lot left and he does struggle to chew a lot of things i usually have to break biscuits etc in half he is nearly 8 months

both my vet and my breeder recommended me to have those baby teeth removed when he go in for surgery tomorrow. Our vet told us that its very common on smaller dogs that the teeth dont come out on their own.

Agree, 8 months is pretty old for them not to have come out and if he is having trouble eating you need to have your vet have a look. Often vets take out any remaining teeth when they do a neuter as if they aren't out by then, they sometimes are not going to come out.

thats good to know because he really does struggle to eat a lot of things i will speak to the vet in a few weeks time about this as i will be going in to get his op on his eyelids which i am not looking forward to:(

just to let you know that my puppy had his baby teeth removed yesterday. 2 of them. he is doing fine. i dont think it bother him as much as i thought. he was eating last night fine. I did soak the food in water a little bit. but he ate fine. =)

Ollie's teeth starting falling out around 4-5 months I think. All his big teeth were in place by about 6 1/2 months.

I'm sorry you're going through so much with your baby...

Hi

Out of my three i dont remember even seeing baby teeth though naturally they all must of had them so i presume they have disappeared in their surroundings or they have been swallowed ,they certainly caused no problems.

i have just had a quick look and he has all front and bottom baby teeth (they are so tiny)and by the feel of it most of the others too he has lost 1 that i know of as it fell out about a month ago when i was brushing them i cleaned it and have it in a little clear bag and my hubbie takes it to his poker game for good luck ( not that it has worked yet ) but i am going to see the vet soon about booking his operation so perhaps they can have and take them out then

I just had a look at Ollie's teeth and they are pretty small, too. I never SAW or FOUND any teeth, but when his "fangs" came in, the baby fangs were still there, so he had two teeth where only one should be, so that's how I knew the new teeth were coming in. Does he have his adult fangs? Those come in AFTER the front teeth I think.

Maybe he does have his adult teeth but they just look tiny to you? I don't know. Definitely have the vet look at them. Perhaps there's nothing to worry about and he already has all his big teeth and it happened so fast you didn't notice! :xfngr: My Cavs adult teeth, especially the front top & bottom teeth are pretty small and I think they're really cute! I always pull back their lips and do the "shark face" as my 2 YO son calls it... ;)

Holly lost her teeth around 4 or 5 months, and her adult teeth were in by about 6.5 months as well. I only ever found two of them... which we have kept in a little pouch! (Soppy, I know haha).

Hollys adult teeth do look small as well mind you. But vet said thats all her adult teeth in (shes 9 months now).

that's interesting i can't wait to find out but i think they are baby because they are minute

yep i told my dr that i want to wait a bit b4 he takes them out surgically.
he told me that those fangs are very long and deep inside. so he took them out.

Back