Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Misha's origins

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Update on Misha's origins

I got help from "petshoppuppies.com" who research cases exactly like mine. Unfortunately, I have found out more about my baby's history. It's heartbreaking.

Apparently the original "breeder" sold her mother in an AUCTION. Then the broker (dealer) bought Misha's mom. I suppose he did not know she was bred because nowhere on the auction did it say she was pregnant. I have been told that if a dog is mentioned as bred in the listing it nearly doubles the price of the dog. So the fact that this point wasn't mentioned in the listing is most likely because the original breeder did not know she was pregnant!

Now just to refresh... the "Celebrity" Puppy Boutique I bought her from (they're in South Florida by the way) told me they ONLY work with "reputable, private breeders" that they claim to know very well! What a BOLD FACED LIE! Not only is there absolutely minimal info about her actual breeder, the breeder herself did not know Misha's mom was pregnant. Secondly, they bought Misha from a freaking BROKER - not the breeder.)

Accoording to savepuppymilldogs.com they know this broker's name/reputation very well:

"Oklahoma dog brokers Robert and Darlene Lourance have received the distinction of being number 4 in the TOP 10 WORST DOG BROKERS in Oklahoma, racking up 14 USDA violations between 2003 and 2006. Four of the violations were under the category of “cleaning, sanitization, housekeeping and pest control," affecting SIX HUNDRED and NINETY dogs."

THIS is where my puppy was born and spent her earliest weeks of life. And her poor mother is probably still stuck in this HELL.

I am now in the process of figuring out how I can join a class action that was started by the Humane Society against this company within the last 1-2 years.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally shocked and sad. You should go to the papers.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

I really feel for you, just give Misha all the love you have.

Just one thing puzzles me, if Misha's mother was sold while she was pregnant & the broker/dealer did not know how could the broker issue a pedigree if they don't know who sired the pups?
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Easy to make one up I'm told Dublin.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Oh really, I spose without DNA or anything you can't really proove who the parents are & I guess most people would be taking the word of the breeder wouldn't they - I know I never checked into whether the dogs are correct on Sparky's cert.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)

Post Thanks / Like

Pedigrees are invented over here, too. Though we rely on a pedigree as being factual, we are at the mercy of the breeders' honesty. It would be very easy for an unscrupulous one to falsify even within their own establishment. For instance , who but they, knows which of the dogs they own were mum and dad ?
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by an ex breeder when I was looking for a pup that she saw a breeder sit down and totally make up a dogs papers. I can't remember who she was but she was a lovely lady, talked for 2 hrs on the phone and gave me loads of advice.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    I really feel for you, just give Misha all the love you have.

Just one thing puzzles me, if Misha's mother was sold while she was pregnant & the broker/dealer did not know how could the broker issue a pedigree if they don't know who sired the pups?
    Like others have said, they just make it up. And if the puppy is registered with one of the bogus registries, the registry doesn't care, all they want is their money. That's why the brokers, mills and BYB's use the bogus registries. That's why I like the requirement that the CKCSC has had since 2005 that the parents of litters be DNA'd. That way if there is ever any question as to the parenage of a puppy, it can be easily proven.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My breeder told me about seeing the papers for an entire litter with a father long dead in the irish show world. No one checks or verifies parenthood though DNA will hopefully be introduced as a REQUIREMENT internationally because of this problem. Also as a knock on, makes research as for a DNA test for SM more difficult because some of the pedigrees for dogs are definitely wrong, either deliberate or accidentally (easy to happen -- my own breeder has Leo, a tri, down as a blenheim on his official papers and he was to be shown and bred originally!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Tansy : Mindy Connie Roxy Neasa Gus
    In memory: My beautiful Jaspar Lucy Leo Lily Libby

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!

Although that has triggered something I saw while working in Quarantine in England. 3 of a litter of Pem Corgie's from USA were imported by 2 breeders from Wiltshire & the sire had been dead something like 17 years but a sperm sample had been frozen & used on the dam.

They went on to be shown at crufts & did very well - in fact one of them was there this year being shown as a veteran!
    Sonia