Thread: Goop in eyes?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goop in eyes?

Hi all, Casey & Precious have, in the past two weeks, starting getting a goop in their eyes, especially in the morning. I took Casey to the vet this morning for her annual and he said it was not an infection. I was relieved it wasn't an infection, so forgot to ask about other causes...

Are allergies common in dogs right now?
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think Lucky has seasonal allergies.

I noticed his eyes get very runny when he is outside right now, but not inside.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Mine seem to get more "goo" in their eyes during different times of the year, and also if there'a a lot of dust around. We moved into a building that was new construction and it wasn't quite done, and Miles seemed to have more goo in his eyes around that time due to the construction dust, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it's thick and yellow...then he might have some type of infection.
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )