• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Goop in eyes?

chloe92us

Hi all, Casey & Precious have, in the past two weeks, starting getting a goop in their eyes, especially in the morning. I took Casey to the vet this morning for her annual and he said it was not an infection. I was relieved it wasn't an infection, so forgot to ask about other causes...

Are allergies common in dogs right now?

I think Lucky has seasonal allergies.

I noticed his eyes get very runny when he is outside right now, but not inside.

Mine seem to get more "goo" in their eyes during different times of the year, and also if there'a a lot of dust around. We moved into a building that was new construction and it wasn't quite done, and Miles seemed to have more goo in his eyes around that time due to the construction dust, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it's thick and yellow...then he might have some type of infection.

Back