• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Training Murphy...

Ashley

Well folks, not long back from Dog School with Murphy.

He was fantastic!!!

He walked to heal perfectly, and his recall was fantastic! We even done advance recall where I ask him to sit and stay... then turn my back and walk halfway down the hall... then put out my left arm and call him as I walk so that he catches up to me and then walks by my side... then sits when we stop! He done it perfectly! :rah:
He seems very very eager to please and is motivated by treats. I have his full attention in class... even although there other people, dogs and even children!

Im a very proud parent today! :D

After everything he's been through in his short life, I was so proud of him!

I know it wont always be plain sailing with a rescue, but the moments he does well just make me so happy! :)

What a great beginning-he must be so comfortable with you,Ashley. I think you made a powerful statement re: adopting a rescue

"I know it wont always be plain sailing with a rescue, but the moments he does well just make me so happy!" :lotsaluv:

Ashley, that is fantastic. So glad Murphy is with you. Can't wait to hear how he progresses.

I just knew that was one smart boy waiting to have some things to do... ;) Tara and I were talking about him today and she was really delighted to hear he is settling in. :jump:

Karlin you will just have to come visit him sometime!
John (our trainer) let me join in in more classes than I pay for today as he was so pleased to see him doing well. He also pointed out how eager to please Murphy is!

I think I might borrow the Dog Schools agilty stuff once he's been here for a few weeks, maybe set it up in the field, and see how he goes.

Have tried it with Holly and she just gets scared of the equipment... although people cannot believe the difference in her already. She has a lot more confidence now she has a big brother! Bless them!

So happy that Murphy is taking to his training. What a fortunate little guy to have found such a wonderful home with you!

That is fabulous. It sounds like you are bringing out the very best in Murphy. Well done to both of you. :D

Of course you are!! :flwr: Thanks so much for having been the lifeline offered to this dog that led him to his new home. :rah:

So glad you have seen this post - it's a wonderful tribute to all your hard work that Murphy has settled so quickly and is doing fantastically well.

It's lovely to hear that this wee man enjoyed his classes - he's a very clever chap and you should all be proud of him. :D

That excellent recall is a testament to your close bond. No wonder really, you are perfect for this little fella :D

Back