Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: eating snails

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    naas co.kildare
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default eating snails

    i've noticed charlie is eating snails and slugs whenever he is in the garden. Is this alright as he got very sick yesterday and in it i could see some grass and wot looked like shell?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There was another post on this a few days ago. You need to be wary of garden snails because some people put poisonous snail bait out this time of year. If the snail has ingested the bait and the dog eats the snail, it can be fatal, or at the very least make your dog very ill.

    Garden snails also host a variety of nasty parasites such as roundworm and lungworm. Please try to be vigilant in picking and tossing them and if you must use snail bait, only use the kind that is labled safe for pets and wildlife.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •