• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kennel Cough

Sue.k

I have to put Prince and Lucy into kennels for a few days when I am getting married, I just wanted to check how long bofore I put them in should I get the kennel cough done? Also, the woman told me to make sure all shots are up to date, now I know there was a debate about the booster every year or every 3 years, which would a kennel go by because I would like to leave it to every 3 years, would that be ok???

When I worked in kennels we asked owners to get it done at least 2 weeks before the dogs came into us.

I was at the vets with Cleo about a month ago, and I also intend putting her in kennels for a few days while we get married in December. I asked the vet about the Kennel Cough vaccine and he said if I gave it to her now, she would be covered for December, so that's what I did. When next you're at the vets it might be a good idea to get it and then you'll be sorted.

Ooh you beat me to the posting Sue! 5 weeks how exciting!!! Hope all the organising is going well.

Last edited:
The nerves are fine funnily enough, I think I am actually too calm, I havent even got the cake ordered yet!!!!

Oh really! I'm the opposite - I have everything but the flowers sorted! I have a woman who looks after dogs in her house looking after Sparks & Cass over the weekend of the wedding - then my parents & a couple of my friends are having a nice holiday here & looking after the dogs for me - I'm sooooo lucky to have them!

We ordered our cake from the place where Nicky from Westlife got his! Cakes & Co in Blackrock - they're sooooo nice there!

seriously i am going to have my dogs at the wedding. they are going to be the flower boy and ring boy

On vaccinations -- all the places I board or kennel the dogs accept a three year vax schedule. If anyone didn't, I would have them talk to my vets and give them the recommendations off the UC Davis vet School site, which is probably the world's leading vet school. If they still had problems I would just switch to a kennel that doesn't have a problem and I'd explain politely why.

Generally a dog needs the KC vax at least 5 days before but better not to run it really close to when the dog is going in..

guys ur weddings are getting close now!! I was not nervous til the week of the wedding!! I got the kc the week before the wedding and when my aunt died last month they went in as we had alot going on and the KC still covered them!!

Best of luck with ur plans!!

Thank you :razz: I am really looking forward to it, we are doing the lot in the hotel, so it should be nice

Back