• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best dog beds?

chloe92us

I would like to buy a nice bed for the dogs that is stylish, easy to clean, and DURABLE (lasts longer than a couple washes before falling apart!)

There are so many to choose from, it's hard to tell quality by looking online. Anyone convinced they have the best one? And what makes it so special?

My big criteria for a bed is that it is washable & can go in the washing machine. I hate stinkey beds. The one I have is a stuffed cloth one, oval shaped. I put a little doona on the bottom to make it all snuggly. It isn't anything particular flash nor expensive, but for me is functional.

Mine is AWESOME! I really need to take a pic of it - it's HUGE - got it for 20$ at Costco! It's like the fake sheepskin on one side, and a pretty brown and turquoise silky print on the other side. The cover comes off and can be thrown in the washing machine! PErfect size for two or three Cavs!

WallyBeds!!! They are the best--- so comfy, durable, and easy to wash!
I have the round, 24" Cheetah print...but, they are really expensive! :(

Here is the website...

http://www.wallybed.com/pet-beds.html

And, if you do it through the Lucky Star website, they get a percentage of the profit!

I have to say, the vet bed is fantastic, I have always bought "fancy" beds but they just fall apart or get eaten by my two, so I asked everyones advice here about it and it got great reports, I am really happy with it and its sooooooooo cozy!!!

To be honest with you - Most of my dog beds come from Walmart or Costco - My favorites, though, are by far those Costco sells! They have several really nice beds to choose from that are all very attractive IMO. The covers come off and make them very easy to wash. One warning on them, though, I always take the gold cord around them off - I've heard stories of it coming off, which can be a strangulation hazard!! The ones I buy at Walmart my dogs just love - I almost always buy one that's rectangular, and covered with sherpa on the inside - My dogs love it!!! And they're inexpensive enough that if a puppy chews them up, or a foster ruins them it's no big deal, I just throw the bed away and go buy a new one!!! I'll rarely spend more then $30 on a dog bed, and if you look in the right places you can get some very nice beds for that price!

While we were getting everything ready for Dottie's arrival, I went on line and purchased a Wally Bed. They are lovely (albeit VERY expensive) pet beds that are cozy, durable and go into the washer and dryer coming out fresh as new. I also purchased a nice little inexpensive bed that the toys ended up in. Dottie has NEVER been the least bit interested in sleeping in either of them. She prefers a lap, a cool spot on the floor, or her open crate for naps if the first option isn't available.:rolleyes:

I figured the whole venture was a big waste of money until my sisters Aussie Terrier came to spend the night. He LOVES the Wally Bed and looks like he is in blissful cozy heaven when he naps there. I had hoped that for my girl but no such luck. So, I keep the beds out, one for toy storage and the other as a guest bed for friends who come spend the night.

In short, go for the bargain bed and see if your pup enjoys it before spending a fortune on a luxury bed that your dog may or may not use.(y)

Back