• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need a decent harness...any ideas? am in UK

leesanlucie

Hey All
After now deciding on getting Lucie a sister am now trying to teach her to walk on the lead without tearing my shoulder out of the socket!
Lucie is 13 inches tall, and weighs about 9ish kilos and my poor shoulder aches when i take her out.:(
Am in the UK and am on the hunt for a harness that helps alleviate the pulling.Its really bad when its windy as she just wants to chase leaves.
Had a wee look at previous posts on this and heard of the sens-ible harness,sens-ation harness and puppia but am really confused!
my poor shoulder couldnt take 2 dogs pulling so any advice very gratefully received!(y)
Meant to say....been to obedience with her and she is the model dog if there are no distractions!!!:p
So if there are decent harnesses for pulling in the UK....please let me know about them!(she chokes on a collar!)
Leesa...and Lucie! X:jump:

Had a wee look at previous posts on this and heard of the sens-ible harness,sens-ation harness and puppia but am really confused!

If you are concerned about pulling I would definitely try to the Sensible or Sensation harnesses. We have a Puppia and we do use it for "dress" but I do not think Puppias help with pulling, just take the stress off the neck. JMHO

Hi Leesa

Lucie sounds just like my Tilly - fab at training, really good little girl - but boy does she pull on the lead :eek: (especially when cars and bikes go by!)

We bought a Yuppie Puppy non-pull harness from Pets at Home, its under £10, v comfy - and it makes walking Tilly a breeze, at first we just couldnt believe the difference it made!:rah:

Hope you find something that suits.

Ruth xx
:p

sensible harness in UK!!! WHERE?

Right can any1 tell me to get a sensible or sensation harness as im in uk.
In the meantime i am off to p@h to get a yuppie puppy one!
Leesa.

I've just got one from dog training Ireland,really impresed with service,just not sure I've fitted it right! You can see it it my recent post.Good luck :)

The Easy Walk is a copy of the SENSE-ible. The only difference is that it tightens on the chest which is not good for the cavaliers. We tested both. The other version is the Halti harness which is not great at all. We have seen mane people swap it for a SENSE-ible harness.

SENSE-ible and SENSE-ation harnesses are excellent. We stock the SENSE-ible right now and if you get it from our online shop I will ship it asap for you. The SENSE-ation is the same but has plastic buckles rather than steel that's all.

The Puppia does not stop or help with pulling but it is very comfortable for the dog to wear.

Hope that helps with your confusion :)

Please make sure and measure your little ones girth properly before ordering.

Hope that helps.

Back