• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bentley is back to the vet's

Remali

Bentley got worse today so quickly, he wasn't able to stand up or walk...it happened in just a matter of a couple hours. So I whisked him off to the vet, she wanted to keep him for a couple hours and run more blood tests and do x-rays. She wasn't sure what we are dealing with now....
I am so scared for my little buddy, I cannot imagine life without him, we are inseperable. I hope and pray he comes thru this OK, and it is not anything too awfully serious.

Oh I am so sorry Bentley is not well. I will wrap both of you in my daily prayers that he will be okay and that you will be strong and able to see him through this illness! :hug: Please post when you have an update.

Thank you. No news from the vet yet, she should be calling me soon. I hope the news will be fairly good news....gosh I am a nervous wreck. I will let you know soon as I get word from my vet....

Well, I have Bentley home, but the vet doesn't know what is causing his rear end paralysis. She is not my regular vet tho, so tomorrow when I take Bentley back in I am going to ask to get my regualar vet involved if he is back. He must have been off these past 2 days. Anyway, Bentley is now asleep on a large pile of blankets next to my bed, I hope we have a quiet and uneventful night.

I don't know what to say other then you and Bently will both be in my thoughts and prayers - Hopefully they'll know what's going on soon and provide you both with some relief!!!!

Oh no Renee. I'm so sorry you are having problems with Bentley. I hope your vet is able to figure out what is going on. Sending you wishes and prayers.

Hi
Please don't think the worst i am sure he will be back up and running very quickly.
Prayers being said for the two of you.

Best Wishes

Brian m

Thank you all of you for your encouragement! I am happy to report that Bentley is better this morning! We just got back from another vet visit and his temp is down (102 now) and he was able to walk a little bit today!! I was so happy I just hugged him and cried my eyes out. He still falls on his butt tho, and he is still very weak and wobbly in the hind end, but he is now wagging his tail and more alert and he actually walked a few steps!! We are thinking it may be tick paralysis, so we are definitely continuing the doxycycline, but so far today we have not needed any pain meds. :)

I hope and pray he keeps on getting better....this has been the most frightening thing I have ever gone thru. Thanks for all of your kind support!!

Oh, how scary...I so hope he is doing better. I am thinking about you, and will keep watching for updated posts......judy and dixie

So glad Bentley is getting better. Hopefully you will have a blessing of a diagnosis, such as the possible tick paralysis so the vet can treat him properly and he can make a full recovery. Please continue to keep the updates coming.

Oh I'm just seeing this thread now, poor Bentley and poor you :hug: I wonder if he has a virus and is feeling weak. I hope this passes quickly and he is back to normal soon. How old is he?

Tonite I am happy to report that he has made more progress! He walks better, wags his tail non-stop, and even went potty OK for me.....we are still not out of the woods yet, but he improved! I had my regular bet look at him today and he wonders if it could be a fibrocatilagenous embolism.....like a clot in his spine......but my vet thinks he will recover OK, and hopefully get full use of his hind legs. He was worried because they had to cath Bentley today because Bentley did not urinate all day at the vets (I kept him at the vet while I was at work), but tonite Bently did piddle for me, so I am much more happy tonite!

Back