Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bentley is back to the vet's

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all of you for your encouragement! I am happy to report that Bentley is better this morning! We just got back from another vet visit and his temp is down (102 now) and he was able to walk a little bit today!! I was so happy I just hugged him and cried my eyes out. He still falls on his butt tho, and he is still very weak and wobbly in the hind end, but he is now wagging his tail and more alert and he actually walked a few steps!! We are thinking it may be tick paralysis, so we are definitely continuing the doxycycline, but so far today we have not needed any pain meds.
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

That's great, I'm glad he's already improving!!!!!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I hope and pray he keeps on getting better....this has been the most frightening thing I have ever gone thru. Thanks for all of your kind support!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, how scary...I so hope he is doing better. I am thinking about you, and will keep watching for updated posts......judy and dixie

Post Thanks / Like

So glad Bentley is getting better. Hopefully you will have a blessing of a diagnosis, such as the possible tick paralysis so the vet can treat him properly and he can make a full recovery. Please continue to keep the updates coming.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm just seeing this thread now, poor Bentley and poor you I wonder if he has a virus and is feeling weak. I hope this passes quickly and he is back to normal soon. How old is he?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hope you're feeling better today Bentley
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Bentley
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Tonite I am happy to report that he has made more progress! He walks better, wags his tail non-stop, and even went potty OK for me.....we are still not out of the woods yet, but he improved! I had my regular bet look at him today and he wonders if it could be a fibrocatilagenous embolism.....like a clot in his spine......but my vet thinks he will recover OK, and hopefully get full use of his hind legs. He was worried because they had to cath Bentley today because Bentley did not urinate all day at the vets (I kept him at the vet while I was at work), but tonite Bently did piddle for me, so I am much more happy tonite!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine how scared you both must of been and I'm so happy Bentley's improving.

Thinking of you,
    Christina x