• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bentley is back to the vet's

Thank you, you are all so sweet to keep us in your prayers and thoughts!

Bentley is better, but he did yelp once this morning when he sat down.....I was going in to work a few hours, so rather than leave him home alone I boarded him with my vet for the few hours while I was at work. SO far he seems to be OK, a bit wobbly but able to walk, going potty is still a b it of an issue, but he seems to manage it eventually and I hold him up if he needs help.....so, gosh, I hope we have a good weekend and he gets even better!

Aww thats great that Bentley is getting better.:jump:
Keep us posted.....and sending good vibes to the wee soul!(y)

Leesa....and lucie

Last edited:
He was moving around better today.....(sigh of relief!), but then he did vomit once, mostly liquid, and it did have a greenish tinge to it, so that made me wonder if he snarfed a couple pieces of my house rabbit's hay. Anyway, he played with his toys today, but was a bit wobbly yet, and he is stiff in the rear yet.... but he did show improvement......of course I am still a nervous wreck because I have to go back to work tomorrow and leave him home alone.....altho a friend, who just lives two blocks away, said she would check in on him for me.

Happy to report Bentley is doing very well. He walks a little stiff yet, but he seems almost back to normal.....I am still worried of course, but so far he has made tons of imrpovement! Thank you to all of you for your wonderful support and kind words!

Bentley has continued to improve....he still isn't able to jump up on the sofa or up on my bed....but he plays now and walks almost normal and is happy and back to his usual self! I am sooooooo happy and so relieved, I was so very afraid I was going to lose him.

Oh, what a relief.....so happy to read that he is doing so much better. Judy

So far so good with Bentley....he has sort of reached a point where he is not worse, but not getting any better....but, he is walking (altho a bit stiff and wobbly at times) and he still can run a little, and play. So, I think it will just take some time. He does have a different gait tho now, different way of walking.... he is stiff, and he arches his back a little, no doubt due to his hind legs being stiff. He gets his last doxycycline pill tonite, I may call my vet to see if she thinks he needs to be on it longer...but then she wasn't for sure he truly had anaplasmosis, or if we were dealing with a neurological problem, and she mentioned a possible clot in his spine too (I believe she called it fibrocartilagenous embolism). With the fever of 103 tho, an dmy finding a couple ticks on him...and the blood tests showing exposure to anaplasmosis....I tend to think it was that.....

And, today I got a new job, my last job was horribly stressful, and a large un-caring company. I got a new job at a very small company and I will be doing medical billing, so I am hopeful this is a great new beginning. :)

Congrats on getting your new job. That must have been horrendous to go through Bentley's serious health problems and have problems with your employer at the same time. :eek: I'm glad you're in a better place now. :flwr:

Have you and your vet talked about referring Bentley to a neurologist? I would probably go that route in case something could be done for his gait problem. I would try to see a neurologist first if possible, rather than a neurosurgeon.

Yes, my vet did suggest a neurologist.... she recommended the University of MN, and right now with losing the old job, not starting the new one yet.....and some bills from health issues of my own...I can't afford to take him to a neurologist, and I feel just awful. If I could, I would have taken him there already. So, I hope and pray he has something that will clear up with no major problems....if he truly does have anaplasmosis (and the blood test showed he had been exposed to it)....from what I have read about it, like Lyme disease, with antibiotic treatment it should continue to improve.....

Back