Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Really happy to hear this.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

So far so good with Bentley....he has sort of reached a point where he is not worse, but not getting any better....but, he is walking (altho a bit stiff and wobbly at times) and he still can run a little, and play. So, I think it will just take some time. He does have a different gait tho now, different way of walking.... he is stiff, and he arches his back a little, no doubt due to his hind legs being stiff. He gets his last doxycycline pill tonite, I may call my vet to see if she thinks he needs to be on it longer...but then she wasn't for sure he truly had anaplasmosis, or if we were dealing with a neurological problem, and she mentioned a possible clot in his spine too (I believe she called it fibrocartilagenous embolism). With the fever of 103 tho, an dmy finding a couple ticks on him...and the blood tests showing exposure to anaplasmosis....I tend to think it was that.....

And, today I got a new job, my last job was horribly stressful, and a large un-caring company. I got a new job at a very small company and I will be doing medical billing, so I am hopeful this is a great new beginning.
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats on getting your new job. That must have been horrendous to go through Bentley's serious health problems and have problems with your employer at the same time. I'm glad you're in a better place now.

Have you and your vet talked about referring Bentley to a neurologist? I would probably go that route in case something could be done for his gait problem. I would try to see a neurologist first if possible, rather than a neurosurgeon.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, my vet did suggest a neurologist.... she recommended the University of MN, and right now with losing the old job, not starting the new one yet.....and some bills from health issues of my own...I can't afford to take him to a neurologist, and I feel just awful. If I could, I would have taken him there already. So, I hope and pray he has something that will clear up with no major problems....if he truly does have anaplasmosis (and the blood test showed he had been exposed to it)....from what I have read about it, like Lyme disease, with antibiotic treatment it should continue to improve.....
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie