• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ruby n blk n tan with bit of white

Ginger is a tri color and shes only got brown fur on top of 1 of her eyes.
She does have a bit of black that fades over part of the other eye, so i think between the 2 its not as noticeable as it could be.
Often times people stop me and comment on how interesting and cute it is that she only has '1 brown spot' on her eye! Others have said they've never seen an all black & white cav before (if they see her from behind, she pretty much Only has that 1 brown spot!!)
I love her to bits!
2261275384_68fae5ca05.jpg

Annie has white on her chest (we call it her "puffy shirt" for all the Seinfeld fans) and a white "racing stripe" on her forehead, and we wouldn't have her any other way. In fact, her sister had no white on her, but we still chose Annie. I think the white markings give her character.

Who could resist this face?

annie_sit.jpg

Ginger is sooooo pretty!!! She has the sweetest face! :lotsaluv: And so is Annie...just saw her picture!

Last edited:
Wow, what cute dogs you all have! I think Ginger is gorgeous, and as I said, I prefer a little bit of white on the wholecolours to "dress them up!" I

Well qnotje has a very small white spot on her belly which will probably grow out when she's got her real fur the breeder told me, BUT she also told me why it's like that..

Qnotje's grandma is a tri and apparently these days the well respected breeders are mixing the whole colours with the blens en tri's to get a stronger breed.. Since tri's and blen's have their specific diseases and the whole colours as well, they try to mix them so they whole breed benefits from it. (if that makes any sense at all to you :p)

Theoretically it's not allowed for whole colours to have white, but my breeder even advised me to take Qnotje to a show cause she says she's show material.. And I don't think she would say it if she doesn't mean it.. after all it's her name on the stake as well..

But I must admit Qnotje's white is VERY limited, there was another puppy which had more white and she told us not to take that one cause it wouldn't be suitable for breeding..

So imo it's a good thing she has a spot of white although it's not much, but at least it's good for her health ;) (hopefully that is)

Well I am probably biased, but I love the wee bits on a ruby. It gives them so much more character and I think they look friendlier and cuter...

Here is my wee Holly...:jump:

ourlittlecavholly.jpg

I have one solid wholecolour, who has not a single hair of white at all, but has one of the sweetest faces I've ever seen on a Cavalier. However it's my little ruby with all her little 'undesireable' white bits and cheeky face that people fall in love with. A while ago I photoshopped Amber's white bits out, just to see how she would look as a solid - and everyone said she was very pretty, but had lost the character!

Thanks for everyone uploading pics of their dogs with different markings.....Cav's r stunning regardless of sex,colour or markings!
Well I have now decided on a wee pup....a balck n tan female.:p
She is only 12 days old at the moment and she has a few bits of white on her...under her chin is white and her chest wig (as the hubby calls it!).:lotsaluv:
She stood out from all the other pups and as we were first to visit, we snapped her up 1st!:luv:
Every other person who viewed the puppies asked for her....but were firmly told she was already taken....thankfully!(y)

Roll on the 14th July.....when my Lucie will be a big sister!:razz:
Am going to try to upload a wee photo I took of her....bless her eyes are still not even opened!
Leesa.

Back