Thread: Dog CPR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog CPR

On another forum someone posted this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFrUiRIeVo to a video on YouTube that demonstrates how to do CPR on a dog.

I learned a couple new things from this video and I would encourage everyone here to watch the video so they know how to do doggy CPR. Because you just never know. We would have lost one of our girls a few years ago if it had not been for CPR. She somehow managed to get the cord out of the gas grille cover and get it wrapped around her neck. All it took was a few minutes of us not watching while the dogs were out on the back deck. Believe me, that was a real wake-up call for us!! Anything can happen at any time.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    On another forum someone posted this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFrUiRIeVo to a video on YouTube that demonstrates how to do CPR on a dog.
    That's an excellent demonstration and I know exactly where to look for a pulse if anything does go wrong.

Thanks,
    Christina

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Bruce!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Bruce for finding and posting that video. I had heard you could perform CPR on dogs, but never actually saw it demonstrated. I am hoping to find a pet first aid class to take locally in the near future. It is always best to be prepared for the worst and hope you never have to use it, but be ready if you do.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear