• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog CPR

Bruce H

On another forum someone posted this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFrUiRIeVo to a video on YouTube that demonstrates how to do CPR on a dog.

I learned a couple new things from this video and I would encourage everyone here to watch the video so they know how to do doggy CPR. Because you just never know. We would have lost one of our girls a few years ago if it had not been for CPR. She somehow managed to get the cord out of the gas grille cover and get it wrapped around her neck. All it took was a few minutes of us not watching while the dogs were out on the back deck. Believe me, that was a real wake-up call for us!! Anything can happen at any time.

Thankyou Bruce for finding and posting that video. I had heard you could perform CPR on dogs, but never actually saw it demonstrated. I am hoping to find a pet first aid class to take locally in the near future. It is always best to be prepared for the worst and hope you never have to use it, but be ready if you do.

Back