The dogs were chewing happily on bully sticks yesterday as I was in the kitchen doing dishes. All of a sudden I looked over at Casey and she had the bug-eyed look and I knew she had swallowed it. So I ran over there and held my face to her nose and she wasn't able to breathe! There was NO air coming from her mouth or nose. I screamed at my husband to call the vet as I massaged her throat from her chest up to her mouth. Her tongue was turning blue! Suddenly it came up and was still 5" long!!!!!!
I panicked, needless to say. What would I have done if it hadn't come back up? There's no way I would have been able to get her to a vet in time...she would have choked to death in the car. There's the heimlich (spelling?) for humans, but what do you do to dogs if they're choking? Advice please so I know what to do if this ever happens again (no more bully stix for my crew!)