• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

at wits end

rocky

this is my first ever dog and feel i am getting everything wrong i only want the best for vegas and am always asking eveyone's advice on everything now on top of all that i have just found a thread about a good web site to go on and it tells you whats good and bad for your dog i have been giving vegas royal canin junior up to 10 months i have read on this site that it is not good for them or at least they would'nt reccomend it i really just dont trust anyone i mean the vet reccomended science plan which i did give vegas but stopped giving him it as i heard from various people it was not supposed to be that good for them so i changed to royal canin i really just want to give vegas the best especially as he is so underweight is there anyone out there that can honestly tell me this,:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: i mean do these people that make these foods really care about what we are feeding our dogs?

i was looking back on previous threads on food and came accross this site someeone had found called dogfoodanalasis.com i must say i dont think karlin was very impressed by it i dont know if she remembers it or not perhaps she may make a comment and put my mind at rest

i am so sorry that you are so stressed.
royal canine is by all means not the worst food.
i used to feed my dog royal canine and they coat were nice and healthy.

i am not sure how they sell pet food in UK.
In usa we have major petstore that sell most commercially food. but if you go to a local petfood store. they usually have more selection and more experienced staff to educated you on recent pet food improvement..etc.

maybe our other UK memeber can suggest you their shopping experience.
please dont be too hard on yourself! i think u are doing fine!

Hi, dog food analysis is pretty strict on what THEY consider to be top quality. Their 6 star foods would be the equivalent of us eating gourmet-prepared organic foods every day. Which is not practical for most.

RC is a well-respected food and they even make prescription level foods that my vet sells. Don't be so hard on yourself! By the sound of your posts, you're trying to do the right thing and, just like parenting, sometimes you have to have faith in your "gut" feeling. What some people says works, may not work for your dog. Stop trying to do everything right and just relax.

Dr. Phil once said (and I live by this); The best you can do is good enough.

Lots of dogs eat different foods and what is good for one may not be good for another. The best food you can give your is the food that agrees with your dog the most. I know people who have been giving their dogs supermarket branded dog foods and they have been (touch wood) really healthy and in great condition. If your dog is happy on RC then stick with that food, sometimes changing foods around can upset dogs especially puppies so I would stick with the food your dog likes whilst you are trying to improve weight gain. How underweight is your dog?

Also please don't worry about posting for help and advice, no-one starts off being an expert and it is brilliant that you want to do the best for your dog:)

i feed mine Burns as i haven't heard too many bad stories about it

but, as long as your dog is happy and healthy then your doing great

xxxxxxxxxx

Back