Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help cleaning ears

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nubus View Post
    hi can anyone give me advise on cleaning the ears i clean her ears every other day with just a little warm water and cotton wool then fully dry them but since its got a bit warmer my ruby seems to be getting waxy smelly ears shes been vet checked for mites recently and infection but there were fine i just wondered if any of you out there use any cleaner or wipes of any kind
    The smell is likely yeast from the moist/ warm environment in her ears. I have the same thing with my Cav. I use an herbal ear wash daily and added a probiotic to his food that promotes good bacteria. The probiotic works to keep the yeast at bay internally, in addition to a plethora of other health benefits.
    "For more doggie stories and fun facts, visit cupofdog.com!" Louis Reginald

Post Thanks / Like

Default rubys mom

yes i thought it might be as she gets very warm ears when shes been sleeping whats the wash you use do you make it or buy it do you find the probiotic helps at all ,is it the natural kind sorry for all the questions just curious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nubus View Post
    yes i thought it might be as she gets very warm ears when shes been sleeping whats the wash you use do you make it or buy it do you find the probiotic helps at all ,is it the natural kind sorry for all the questions just curious
    No problem! I use Halo Ear Wash, its herbal...available at all Petsmart and most Whole Foods in the US. For probiotic, I use Pet Flora - available here:
    http://www.vitalityscience.com/

The probiotic is also great for soothing the G.I. tract and digestion!
    "For more doggie stories and fun facts, visit cupofdog.com!" Louis Reginald

Post Thanks / Like

Default rubys mom

great advise everyone thanks ill have her ears smelling great in no time