• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anybody Else Feed Raw?

I'd say I'm like you too, I think raw is great but it's like everything, what suits one wont allways suit the other.

Cass was fine aprox a week after finishing with raw - although like I said she does get a nice raw bone every couple of weeks & Sparly has now had 2 bones!

Both her & Sparky (20 wks cav) are fed Naturediet ( http://www.naturediet.net/products/index.html?cat_branch=premium/ ) a holistic wet food from England & mixer biscuit, but I don't like feeding mixer - the naturediet says it's a complete food but I can't see how it can clean teeth - & about a month after putting cass back on naturediet (as i didn't give her bones for a while) her teeth were quite stained again - wheras when she was on raw I took her for her annual booster, the vet was looking down her notes & asked me where I had gotten her dental done as her teeth were spotless & there was no record of a dental on her notes!

Thats amazing! Clean teeth are so difficult. Have you thought about using a canine dental toothpaste and brushing them? Its not hard. I prefer an enzymatic toothpaste because it bubbles and foams...I use that since my dogs are on premade raw which is not as good as prey model for clean teeth.

I have some 'Logic' at home, the vet reccomended it to me but to be honest I didn't see any difference. At crufts this year I bought some 'plaque-off' & that didn't make any difference either - apart from giving Cass horrible breath! (plus someone on dogster told me that theres some poison in that too - can't remember which one!).

I'm trying to train Sparky to let me look at his teeth as for some reason he dosn't like us looking in his mouth (or clipping his nails for that matter!) so at the moment brushing for him isn't really an option, I did buy dome chichen wings yesterday & was going to see what he did with those last night - but I left them in the fridge at work & only remembered when I got home! So I'll take them home tonight :)xfngr:) & see how he gets on. Cass's teeth are grand now she gets her bone every so often though - you wouldn't think she was 10 by her teeth even though they're not as clean as they were when she was on raw.

Back