Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody Else Feed Raw?

Post Thanks / Like

Mia had terrible puppy colitis and couldn't tolerate kibble either. I put her on Nature's Variety raw food and she's not had one episode of colitis since. We love it!
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Denise G. View Post
    Mia had terrible puppy colitis and couldn't tolerate kibble either. I put her on Nature's Variety raw food and she's not had one episode of colitis since. We love it!
    Yay raw! Thats what got me to raw - Louis had puppy colitis
    "For more doggie stories and fun facts, visit cupofdog.com!" Louis Reginald

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy, do you feed the Primal diet with kibble, or do they just get the raw meat? I have seen it at the Pet Supply where we shop but didn't know much about it. More info please??? I think I would like to try it.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hbmama View Post
    Cathy, do you feed the Primal diet with kibble, or do they just get the raw meat? I have seen it at the Pet Supply where we shop but didn't know much about it. More info please??? I think I would like to try it.
    Kibble and raw digest at different rates and using different mechanisms to break down. Raw and kibble should be fed between 6-8 hours apart from one another

Post Thanks / Like

My boys are on raw. They have a combination of prepared raw (Primal) and RMBs (chicken necks and wings, turkey necks, lamb riblets, beef necks, organ meat), yogurt, cottage cheese, pumpkin, seaweed, cooked fish, raw eggs, olive oil and many supplements. They are doing very well on raw.
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cy1266 View Post
    My boys are on raw. They have a combination of prepared raw (Primal) and RMBs (chicken necks and wings, turkey necks, lamb riblets, beef necks, organ meat), yogurt, cottage cheese, pumpkin, seaweed, cooked fish, raw eggs, olive oil and many supplements. They are doing very well on raw.
    Hurray for Cavaliers on Raw!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

I just started a group for raw feeders! I hope you all will join and we can share tips, experiences and pictures that show how our gorgeous Cavs thrive on raw feasting!!!

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/group.php?groupid=8

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I just joined CupofDog's club. Also, thanks for the answer re not feeding kibble and raw within so many hours of each other. Have alot of questions posted. Looking forward to some good answers from those of you who are experienced raw feeders!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hbmama View Post
    Okay, I just joined CupofDog's club. Also, thanks for the answer re not feeding kibble and raw within so many hours of each other. Have alot of questions posted. Looking forward to some good answers from those of you who are experienced raw feeders!
    Thanks for joining! My name is Hilary by the way. I am a passionate dog lover, am serious about pet nutrition and read everything I can get my hands on. I do lean towards a holistic approach, but firmly believe in being middle of the road and putting an dog's well being over any 'beliefs.'

There is no right answer for every dog or their people. My Cavalier Louis is my teacher, my heart and my soul pup. This breed has changed my life and I am so grateful to be a member of a community of fellow Cav lovers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You bet! I feed raw (home prepared) and would never go back to anything else. One of the best things that happened and I feel pretty confident is a result of feeding raw, is the way our 11 year old Boxer boy now feels & looks. Eighteen months ago (when getting primarily kibble) Sam looked old & his arthritis caused him so much trouble that I wondered how he would cope in the coming winter. Well these days he bops around like a little puppy & it has been 12 months since I have had to give him a dose of carprofen... even during winter. He is honestly more active than he was 4 years ago.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~